How To Block A Phone NumberPosted by Admin on September 1, 2018
Are you tired of getting calls from telemarketers, scammers and unknown people offering you to improve your credit score? You need to know how to block phone numbers from your phone. Though it may take some digging as some phone operating system hide these features deep in the settings.
There are several ways to block a certain number on your phone. Here, we take a look on the different steps on how to do it via your phone features.
For Android Phones
Because so many manufacturers produce phones that run the Android operating system, the procedure for blocking a number can vary widely. Further, versions of Android Marshmallow and older do not natively offer this feature. If you are running an older version like this, your carrier may support it, or you may be able to block a number using an app.
- Open Phone App.
- Select the number you want to block.
- Tap Call Details
- Tap Menu on the top right. If your carrier supports blocking, you'll have a menu item called something like "Block number" or "Reject call" or perhaps "Add to blacklist."
For iOS Phones
- Tap the "i" icon next to the phone number (or conversation).
- Select Block this caller at the bottom of the info screen.
To view and manage blocked numbers.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap Phone.
- Tap Call Blocking & Identification.
For Windows Phone
Blocking incoming calls for windows phone varies from OS to OS version.
Windows 10 has a native feature called the Block and Filter app to block calls.
- To block a call or message, open the Phone or Messaging app, long-tap on the number you want to block, and select Block from the context menu.
- To manage how call blocking works, navigate to Settings -> Extras -> Block and Filter. Here, you can block calls that have no caller ID, and view your blocked calls and messages.
To block calls Windows 8 uses the Call+SMS app feature .
- To activate the feature, first navigate to Settings and then Call+SMS filter. Accept the terms and then click the Block Calls+SMS toggle to turn it on.
- Open the Phone app to see your call history. Long tap the number you want to block to view a context menu, and select block number